Q. Do you have any ideas for bridesmaid gifts under $25? My bridesmaids and I agreed not to give each other gifts but I still think I should give them some sort of token of appreciation. I want something unique for each girl. Two of my bridesmaids play in a band while the third girl is a…
Fake piracy or not, this ship took a detour. Its crew is safe, but its cargo is gone.
Read more. [Image: Kamran Jebreili/Associated Press]
One of my first blog posts was on a look I tried out in preparation for a photo-shoot. If you’re a fan of Avant Garde / Glossy Gothic then this is ideal for you! Created all of it using a £1 eyeshadow from Superdrug!
This is a ‘Wet Look’ glossy eyed makeup I tried out on myself in preparation for a future shoot. I will upload a video of it for you to see.
The idea was to create a look using minimal products. So I used one eyeshadow for the main features in this look - Eyes, contouring & lips.
I used a £1 eyeshadow from MUA Cosmetics which can be purchased from Superdrug.
- I applied Revlon Photo Ready Foundation
- For my brows I used Maybelline Gel Liner to shape them
- I took an MUA eyeshadow in Black and mixed it with a Clear lipgloss & applied that to my eyelids
- Next I applied a Black Kohl liner from MAC to my waterline and just under the lower lash line for a dramatic look
- Using the Black eyeshadow from MUA again, I used a flat shadow brush and contoured the bridge of my nose. Then took a fluffy brush to blend
- With the same eyeshadow, I used a blusher brush and heavily defined my cheekbones. I used my fingers to blend the excess, but you can use your foundation brush to sweep over and this will work perfectly
- I took an avon lip pencil in plum and lined my lips
- Using a lip brush, I mixed the Black eyeshadow and lipgloss again, and applied this to my lips, add an extra lick of gloss on top
- Then, using the same lip brush, I swept the mixture under my eyes for added drama
- Lastly, I took some EXTREME feather lashes and placed them along my top lash line!
Want Anna Kendrick’s classic glam look from the Grammys? Here’s everything you need to dazzle them all.
Yves Saint Laurent Beauté La Laque Spicy Collection Nail Swatches!
YSL is bringing out a collection of 7 limited edition polishes globally, themed around warm, exotic spices. Some of these trendy shades look a tad odd (mustard yellow and ginger) but warm tones are on point for S/S 2014, and they’re actually quite flattering on.
The MVP of the collection is a gold flecked topcoat called Feuille D’or No 47. This top coat contains gold flakes in irregular sized pieces so it looks like real gold leaf, and goes on beautifully over all 6 of the other creme colors in the collection (and any creme polish you own).
The 6 other shades are:
- 41 Eau de Rose - pale ivory pink-toned beige. It’s a beautiful, beautiful color, but because it’s so pale, you will need at least 3 coats to to remove all streakiness. It’s also the one shade that I find definitely prettier without the gold flakes.
- 42 Safran Sultan - the “it” shade of the moment. This odd mustard yellow looks better on than I thought it would, looking at it in the bottle. But the gold topcoat really brings this one to life and makes it much more wearable if you’re not too sure about the shade.
- 43 Opulente Canelle - the foolproof rose-tan looks ordinary beside the other colors, but once on, it’s extremely flattering and pretty. A nice warm twist on the usual neutrals! (Equally pretty with or without the gold topcoat.)
- 44 Ambre Gingembre - now this shade is hard to describe. It’s a carroty orange with a touch of brown, and might look strange in the bottle, but this is anonther “it” shade. Another shade that I find slightly prettier without the gold flakes, but it’s also deep enough that it looks lovely with the gold on.
- 45 Pimento D’allieurs - Deep rose red with a touch of plummy brown. This is a can’t-go-wrong shade, but then it is also ironically probably the least distinctive in the collection. That said, it’s so gorgeous and timeless that you can wear this anytime. If you’re one to prefer the classics, this is a beautiful shade that I actually feel should be added to the permanent collection!
- 46 Poivre Noir - Deep, rich plum. It looks dull in the bottle, but gorgeous on the nails. One of my favorites from the line. There isn’t really much to say other than that this is possibly my favorite color out of the entire collection.
These polishes are all incredibly smooth, with wide, rounded brushes so you can apply color to your nail with minimal strokes needed. If you want them to be talking points though, the gold topcoat is the way to go.
That said, if you’re not a YSL varnish collector, then you probably want to just pick out the more unique shades or the ones that will go the extra mile. I would personally recommend 41 the pale pink-nude, 43 the rose tan, and 45 or 46 for some gorgeously glossy rich tones.
The La Laque Spicy collection launches at all YSL counters from Feb 2014.
A romantic affair.
New beauty bit for Teen Vogue. Duh, give me any excuse to talk about black lipstick, ok?